Thursday, August 6, 2009

Wednesday Date at the Rose Gardens


This week, I planned our date to the Rose Gardens. I planned to stop at Chipotle and bring dinner to the Gardens where we'd eat on a blanket. As we arrived, to our surprise, there was a free concert! The music was pretty good. It was a full on orchestra with a lady who sang soul music. I'll be honest, Dan and I had a good laugh at her expense with all the "oooh" "No, no, no" "uhhhh huhhh" -- It was kind of comical in a way. Nonethelesss, we really enjoyed the cooler weather and live music.



At first we sat next to these really drunk English people. I leaned over to Dan and commented on how hard it was to take them serious with their accents. Even drunk they sound so professional! They soon left and instead we were surrounded by the dozens of 'earth muffins' sippin' on their wine out of a box from handcrafted cardboard paper cups. You have to hand it to them though, they're very resourceful!

After the concert, we headed into the Gardens to take a few pictures... And this is what we ended up with.







While we listened to the "uhhhhh huhhhh's," we played Blokus on our picnic blanket, a family fun game. Dan had never played it before and ended up being a natural at it. It was quite fun. I am certain that men have within them a natural ability for perceptual ability. He sees moves that I cannot and I feel perceptual disabled!!! But this game is too fun to give up on... I believe I can!!!
Adios from the Longs! We love you all!!





3 comments:

Jeff said...

Married life suits you well! Three blogs in as many days! I am proud of you! I love your ideas...do you guys like bowling? Or date night with some friends? Or ice skating?

Jeff said...

that last comment was from me, Bridget.

Stephanie said...

What a fun date! Summer is so nice because no matter what you do there always seems to be more going on and you can be outside and just enjoy the weather.