Wednesday, August 5, 2009

DaTe NiGhT!!!

Daniel and I have decided we are going to continue to "date" now that we're married. We've decided on a date a week. I read in a book about an idea to each write five date night ideas and draw out of a "hat" where the date will be that week. I really liked this idea because it gives you a chance to think creatively about possible dates and then you can still be spontaneous because you're drawing from ten choices. Yes, dinner and a movie is fun sometimes, but I LOVE being creative on dates.

My date ideas for this 'go round' are:
1. Go to a free concert somewhere in the Portland area.
2. Walk the waterfront and get dessert somewhere.
3. "Ready, set, Fire"! Paint your own ceramics
4. Go to a "drive-in" movie (in the back of our car somewhere or an actual theatre)
5. See a play, musical, broadway, or any show in Portland.
While I love my ideas, I need more. I'm searching for fun, fairly inexpensive date ideas. Please post any particularly memorable dates for us to try!!!

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is a good idea with the date box. I think I am going to copy you! Date ideas: OK seriously I have nothing! I need to get creative and then get back to you. My Daniel is a good one to ask. He's really creative.