Thursday, August 13, 2009

Husband Doting

I know I've posted once already today, but as I was getting dressed for the gym to go meet my husband, I got to thinking how lucky I am to be married to Daniel. As I was thinking of all his wonderful qualities and the things he does for me, my heart filled with love and I felt I had to share. I am so blessed and here's why:

1. Daniel makes the bed almost every day.
2. Since we've been married, I've done the laundry maybe five times. He usually, washes, folds, and puts away all our clothes.
3. I cook and he ALWAYS cleans after the meal. Even on nights when he cooks, he still cleans.
4. Daniel wakes up just slightly before I do on days I work. Most days I can expect to find a love note on the counter from him. It always brings a smile to my face.
5. Even though I get annoyed when he first does it, he keeps me in check with my spending.
6. He supports and encourages me in all my endeavors.
7. He never pushes his beliefs on me. I never feel like I need to do something just because I know he feels one way or the other. I feel freedom to do the things I think are best for me.
8. He is SOOO forgiving. As I bumble along this journey of marriage, he always immediately accepts my apologies and never makes me go through a 'make up' stage.
9. He loves my family! You always hear stories about the husband getting annoyed of spending 'too much time' with the in-laws. Dan has never said a word about it, in fact he loves to spend time with my family. We live just a mile from three of my sisters and that was a selling point for him to move where we did. I love that I married a family man.
10. He is amazing at remembering morning prayer (I remind of nightly prayer... clearly you can tell he is a morning person and I'm a night person). He does amazing FHE lessons and I am always impressed at how amazing he is at bearing his testimony. He has a strong testimony of the gospel, and shares it willingly yet is never pushy and NEVER EVER judgmental. He's taught me so much about not being judgmental and not engaging in gossip. I really lucked out with him!

4 comments:

Jessica Duff said...

Sounds like a keeper. I'm so happy for you Monica!

Bridget said...

I LOVE you Dan! Will you come live with me? I need Jeff to pick up on all your husband queues...honestly, I think Jeff has made our bed ONCE in 8 years. Of course he leaves at the crack of dawn so he'd have to make it with me in it.

chelsey said...

oh.my.gosh. CONGRATS on getting MARRIED! Zach and I are WAY behind! We are so happy for you! We are moving to Astoria in a few weeks so we'll have to double and pick from your cute date box:) Lookin forward to seeing you guys!

Stephanie said...

Monica cute post! I love your husband too. Thanks for playing games with us last night. I love that Daniel will play games with us even though you just got married. D.D. and I were talking last night before we went to bed and he wanted me to understand that D.L. was not OCD and we need to all leave him alone and he is trying very hard:) I thought it was cute how he was trying to stick up for D.L.:)