Monday, January 11, 2010

Our Wild New Years Eve!

I had to work New Years Day, unfortunately, so I wasn't able to stay out late. I did however, go home at 10PM, where I layed in bed until about 3am. That was a rough day at work. Anyway, Daniel and I went to my parents house for New Years Eve. My sister threw a get together there. We had appetizers, played games, and played band hero. Daniel and I never played before, and we really liked it. I only liked singing and the drums. I am definitely no good at the guitar. It was fun to be with my family and my husband on New Years Eve.

We really love to get pictures together.
My oldest niece Ashley really tears it up on the guitar. She does expert and nails almost every note. I can't even see the colors as quickly as they come, yet she gets them. It's amazing.


Daniel plays the drums in real life. He says this whole band hero is nothing like the real deal. Nonetheless, I feel kind of cool being able to play for fake.

My sisters Michele and Stephanie.

I was pretending to be the little drummer boy. It was so funny to watch me and my sisters play the drums. We were all holding the sticks with a vice grip and were so choppy in our movements. SO FUNNY!

And then there's Nana. Oh Nana. She's so funny. From the very beginning she's liked Daniel. It was so funny to watch her do the air drums. Later she kept taping Dan on the back to ever other beat. She really got into it and it was good to see her enjoying herself.
All and all it was a great New Years Eve. I love my family and my husband. I feel so blessed in my life. I'm so excited to see how 2010 will play out.

3 comments:

Jessica Duff said...

Sounds like a fun part-ay at the Vrtiska house! I can't play the guitar either, I guess I'm just not coordinated enough.

You asked if I made our Christmas card... I did.

It's so fun to look at your blog and kind of keep in touch at least that way.

clintandleximorgan said...

Wow you and Stephanie look like brunettes! Is that true? Do you really have brown hair? Looks cute. Wow! If I hadn't seen these pictures, I might not have recognized you!

Beth said...

Hi there Monica!!!!! So glad that you popped on over to my corner of the net and said hello... I totally forgot that you had a blog! Yay... now I have someone else online to stalk too... hee hee hee!

Love the guitar hero shots. Now that your secret is out, we'll have to have you guys over for some Wii rock band! We've been having fun with the Lego rock band version... although it's really a bit odd and disturbing to see those little Lego guys rocking out... LOL!

Love all the pics... and looks like you had a blast over new years. (geesh... that seems like forever ago!)

I'm diggin' the brown hair too btw... ya look fab!