Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2010 Top 10

I welcome this New Year! Good bye 2009, I'm sorry things didn't work out between us. Yes, you gave me my eternal companion, but I don't think I'll miss you too much. But Hello 2010, I'm eager to get to know you and all the surprises you'll bring our way. But let me tell you what is planned for us in 2010:

1. Discovering where Dan will be accepted to nursing school and deciding which state we'll live in and what job I'll be taking to reduce my income substantially. (Gotta love Oregon, and being well compensated!)

2. Possibly going on a "real honeymoon" for our first anniversary to somplace tropical. Maybe Mexico. Maybe Hawaii. Maybe Costa Rica. And if worse comes to worst, maybe San Diego.

3. Making our marriage official in Heaven! :)

4. Discovering the endless possibilities of the summer. Hopefully visiting here again with the Deweys. Maybe backpacking for our first time together. Definitely hitting up Vernonia again with the fam. Maybe trying this with Dan for my first time. But whatever the summer brings, I know it will bring plenty of this!

5. The Vrtiska Family Reunion 2010 in the wonderful Wyoming!

6. Possibly working on getting ourselves one of these! And praying that it won't turn into this.

7. Passing the CCRN exam, making me a certified critical care nurse. Increased wages. Notoriety. Professional growth. What else could you ask for?

8. Getting out of debt! Except those pesky student loans that feel like an unwelcome house guest!

9. Maybe going back to school. Then I'll be making big girl bucks!

10. Trying new things. Learning new things. Perfecting old talents. General self improvement.

As often goes, plans don't always work out. But 2010, you see what we desire, and please make our dreams come true!

2 comments:

Darren and Traci said...

love the list! You guys are so flipping cute. I love your new brown hair! I've thought about doing that a million times but never taken the plunge, it looks great on you

Stephanie said...

Great post! It does crack me up though that the hate for student loans is followed up with possibly more school! ha!