Friday, September 25, 2009

Crater Lake Adventures!

My sister and her family go to Crater Lake every year and Daniel and I decided to join them this year. ( I really don't know why my font is underlined, but I seem not to be able to change this... oh well). We had such a blast. We loved the weather, the lake, the fishing, the cliff jumping, the campsite, the food, the fear of bear attacks, and the company! We had so much fun, Dan cannot wait to go back!






We hiked about a quarter mile along these rocks to a prime fishing spot. We spent the entire day fishing, catching crawdads, swimming, and... hanging out. It was such a blast.

My super hot husband fishing!

If you look carefully Dan is to the right of the tree. He scaled down that face where the tree is and back up to the edge of the cliff. He didn't end up jumping off he cliff because he couldn't gauge how deep the water was. I've heard at least twice as I'm dozing off to sleep him say, "Man, I should've just jumped." He's so funny... and it's kind of adorable.

Best campsite!



The still blue water. You can see the rocks through the water. That's how clear the water is. Crystal clear!

My adorable and very sweet sister Stephanie!

THE SEQUENCE OF DANIEL'S CLIFF JUMPING!
















Phantom ship lookout. The hike we took alone. There were literally no other hikers, which was scary because it was kind of an open area and I was so afraid I was going to see a bear! We even started to talk about what we'd do if we saw a bear.





















5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Just seeing those pictures makes me miss out trip. You took some awesome pictures of Dan's cliff jumping! I seriously had a blast with you guys and really hope we impressed you enough to go with us again. I Love you and Daniel both dearly:)

Bridget said...

Looks like you guys got fabulous weather! Steph and Daniel must always choose the right time to go because her pics last year were the same. How lucky to be so close to your sisters to do this. I miss that. I keep hoping all the pics we post here in Colorado will draw at least ONE of my 8 sisters a visit. You and Steph are the only ones that have come!! :(

Jen Gray said...

MON! Oh my goodness, you and your hubby are SO dang cute!! Isn't married life wonderful! I'm new to the blogging world so I'm glad I found ya on here! Hope all is well!!
JEN (Spitzer) GRAY xoxo

chelsey said...

You guys have such fun adventures! We'll have to come up for a visit...or you guys come down! (Or whatever direction were in:) We still need to meet your hubs!

Ree-ch said...

Where was that hike? We want to go there next summer. How is married life treatin ya? We are moving into a new place so one day you will have to come over and see it. Oh, yeah and you can come see Norah too. You two are so cute together :)