Monday, September 7, 2009

Life is Peachy

Stephanie, Isaiah and I went to Jossy Farms to pick peaches last week. It was the perfect day to pick peaches and they were perfectly ripe. It was my first time picking peaches and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
Isaiah and I flashing some signs before our picking adventures began.

Action shot. (No, it was not posed... [Ok, maybe it was]).


The kid is stinkin' adorable and really loved his peaches. But he started to get preoccupied with the dozens of bees and abandoned his dutiful role as peach picker.



My cute sister with her peaches. Isn't she a little twit!? (I mean that in the sweetest way)





I ended up picking 51 pounds of peaches and was able to can 31 quarts of peaches, two peach cobblers, and two freezer bags of sliced peaches for yummy peach jam!!!




When it comes to my peaches, I get serious!

The joys of our labors!





Some shots from around the farm. It really was a beautiful place!






















2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Monica sooo cute!!! You took some great scenery pictures. You are lightyears ahead of all us sisters for doing all the canning you've done this summer. You are an amazing person and I so admire all the talents you have..seriously.

PS: I am NOT a twit...I'm rickets:)

clintandleximorgan said...

Way to go Monica!! Peaches are just so yummy! Glad you were able to do so much! That's wonderful.