Thursday, September 4, 2008

Welcome Christopher!

My sister Erica recently adopted a sweet little two year old from Kazakhstan. His name is Christopher and he is a little bundle of joy! I love him already! It was a challenge getting him here, but now that he is, it's weird to imagine him not in our family! I look up to Erica and Bret for their faith and patience in waiting through this process of adoption. It really is not for the faint of heart!













I tried desperately to get him to let go of the toothbrush for the "tricks" but he wouldn't give. He clutched it with his life!



He's the littlest bugger, but has probably one of the sweetest spirits I've seen in a two year old. I can't wait to get to know him better!


Everytime we played the "flip over the legs" game, he would go limp like a wet noodle. It made my job a little more difficult, but he really enjoyed it!











I love how kids never get sick of doing the same thing over an over. The simplicity of children really amazes me. I wish I could learn to be more content with things in the moment the way kids do. You really could learn a lot from a kid, if you wanted to.














I love that we are both laughing hysterically in this picture. Everytime we'd get to the end of the flip, he wouldn't put his feet out so he could stand. He'd just lay there until I would drop him in which he would land on my face! It was really funny. Mostly because he doesn't speak English, so I couldn't tell him what he was supposed to do.


One of my fondest memories as a child was doing tricks with my sisters and dad. These tricks included doing flips while sitting on their feet, doing the superman, and standing on their hands and being lifted to the sky! I really felt special. Christopher LOVED doing tricks! He was cracking up the whole time. He's so sweet.
One of the very endearing qualities of Christopher is his love for all things that can be used as toys but are indeed used for other purposes, such as: toothbrushes, tupperware, dish soap, and granola bars. He would not part with the toothbrush, no matter how much I bribed.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Monica I am dying to see this litle tyke. I am soooo glad you posted that. I haven't even met him yet and I couldn't imagine our lives without him. It is going to be so fun to watch him grow up.

Mary said...

Monica i found your blog! Cute new nephew! How are you doing? You look really happy!! I'll be blog stocking you every once in awhile now;-)

chelsey said...

Yay, Monica blogs! We love it! Holly told us you had one and we immediately had to check it out! That's so neat of your sister to adopt! He looks like such a cute kid! And way to go on the half marathon! You really are quite the runner!

Kim said...

What a handsome and happy young boy...congratulations to Erica and Bret, and Alex and Lauren, too! And to "Auntie Monica" for posting the wonderful news! Keep up the fabulous blog, Monica...we love you!