Tuesday, September 9, 2008

One of These Things is not Like the Other

I recently went line dancing with Molly and some of her friends. Now, I've been known for my liberal spin in the past and maybe even known for my dislike of things "country" as it is often quite conservative. Toby Keith may be one of the most ignorant men I know, but that's neither here nor there. Let's be honest, country western isn't known for its intellect. Before you think I am bashing the western way of life, understand that I did learn quite a few things during my boot scoot and boogy.
Lessons in Line Dancing:


1. Having a ton of signs posted on every corner of every wall is not white trash, it's country. Especially if it's bashing anything that isn't white, male, conservative, alcoholic, or middle-aged. The lesson? Make fun of everything that doesn't fit the mold-- You'll feel a whole lot better about the fact that you are attempting to fit the mold when in reality you don't fit the mold because no one fits the mold. 2. Arriving late for instruction and attempting to "wing it" doesn't work for line dancing and it doesn't work for life!

3. Need I say more? Low expectations are the way to happiness in marriage... Literally!

Hey Molly and I may not have fit in at the Ho Down, but we sure had fun. In fact, it's going to become a regular occurance-- these little line dancing lessons of ours.
*Disclaimer: My banter is mostly sarcastic. Please do not post any comments about me being a tree-hugging, save the ferrets, liberal hippie. Read with an open mind and as lesson three indicates, have low expectatioins!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Nice disclaimer! Only you would need one of those at the end of your blog:)

Trevor Butler said...

LOL!!! Save the ferrets...

molly said...

you say "tree-hugging, save the ferrets, liberal hippie" like it's a bad thing.

I also wrote a blog about line dancing and Toby Keith in July. It's like we are the same person. [wink]