Monday, July 13, 2009

A Few Months Hiatus and I get Married!



Istarted blogging and thought it would be incredibly easy to upkeep. It seems that I just don't quite have the ability to keep up with two forms of blogging, that of Facebook and my Blogger. But by the request of many, I guess it's time to try anew and post something current.

I GOT MARRIED! May 30th, 2009 was our big day and I no longer am Monica Vrtiska (something I'm having a difficult time getting used to) and am now Monica Long. It's a lot of fun to have a name like Long. "Long" suffering. A "Long" time. And my brother-in-law Adams favorite: 'Long'-erie!





OUR FIRST DANCE











My sisters surprised us with a dance rendition of "I know something about love" as seen on My Best Friends Wedding! Mindy is so theatrical and all the sisters were SO cute!

























Toast at the reception

So this is one of my favorite pictures. Here we are signing our marriage certificate and I can't believe how excited we look! Dan and I had a good laugh when we saw this picture of us.





















Some of our bride and groom shots. We took pictures at the Rood Bridge Park in Hillsboro. The colors matched ours (green and white). It was a PERFECT day! Yes, a little hot but we were worried about rain and instead got beautiful blue skies and it was over 90 degrees! But I wouldn't change a single thing about our entire day... except maybe my sisters actually showing up at the right time to take pictures!


One of my favorites! SASSY!


















4 comments:

Jessica Duff said...

Beautiful! I'm so happy for you Monica, congrats!

Bridget said...

OK. Now, I will send you my pics from your wedding. Good job! :)

clintandleximorgan said...

Beautiful pictures. You are gorgeous!! Oh and my favorite picture is you and Dan signing your wedding certificate. Money buys lots of things...but that photo is PRICELESS!!! LOL!

chelsey said...

Your wedding was so pretty!!! Wish we could've been there!